- For the safety of all our attendees, sitting on the floors or in the aisles. All seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and is limited by room capacity due to fire regulations.
- Do not obstruct general traffic by standing or sitting in front of doorways and exits.
- The equipment in the rooms are for Ochiba~con staff, hotels staff, or Panelist usage only. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated in any of the function spaces operated by Ochiba~Con. If caught by convention or hotel security you will be given a warning. If disruptive behavior persists, you will be expelled from the convention.
- Proof of Age will be required to enter rooms showing or discussing adult content. No exceptions. Under age entrance is prohibited.
- In the event of a fire alarm, power failure, or any kind of evacuation, a conventon or hotel staff member or a safety officer will announce instructions and direct attendees towards the proper exits.
- Aggressive Hugging (also known as "glomping") will be considered disruptive behavior, and can be a safety concern for bystanders and unaware targets. Please ask before hugging or glomping an individual, especially in busy areas.
- Ochiba~Con is a non-smoking convention, and smoking is therefore prohibited. Please smoke outside in designated areas, if provided by the venue.
- Oshawa bylaws consider panhandling (begging of money) as a nuisance, and is therefore prohibited. Providing of music, entertainment, or any other thing of value is not an excuse per the bylaw.
- Irresponsible use of laser pointers can cause serious eye damage. Violaters will be expelled from the convention.
- Water guns and projectiles are prohibited. Attendees found using them will be expelled from the convention, and are 100% responsible for any damage to private property as a result of their use.
- Photography is permitted and encouraged at Ochiba~Con. However, please be considerate and ask the subject first, since not everyone wants their picture taken. Also, if taking the picture disrupts events or convention traffic, you might be expelled for disruptive behavior.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself! Please make a good impression for Ochiba~Con by being polite to venue staff and fellow attendees.
- Photography of the guests during panels, workshops, or performances, is solely at their discretion. If a guest denies permission for a photo or autograph, please respect that choice.
- Please do not stop guests in transit to another panel, workshop, or performance for an autograph or photograph. Autograph sessions will be available.
- To provide a fair environment for everyone, photographs and autographs are limited to one per person, per guest.
Children Under 13
- An adult must accompany children under the age of thirteen at all times during the convention. Parents and guardians are responsible for the well-being and behavior of all children in their care
- We ask all guardians/parents to inform their child(ren) of our convention policies.
- We ask that all guardians/parents instruct their child(ren) to go to the registration desk if they become lost or separated.
- Your name badge is proof of your membership and must be worn and visible at all times.
- Badges will be required upon entrance to ALL events.
- Each event and/or room will have a Spec Ops member stationed there. They will request to see your badge every time you enter the room/event.
- Refusal to present a badge when requested will result in expulsion from the convention.
- Lost or stolen name badges will NOT be replaced.